Things to do in and around Marysville:
see also Marysville Tourism
Download the free tourist App now. “Visit Marysville Victoria”
- Bushwalking – State forest behind house and loads of walking trails including the Anderson Mill trail.
- Waterfalls – Victoria’s longest waterfall, Steavensons Falls. New viewing platforms now open and the falls are spectacular. About 4km of sealed road from Stompin’ Wombats. Several other smaller waterfalls are in the area eg Keppels Falls is a nice walk
- Kids playground – in Murchison Street; includes an elevated sandpit, slides, roundabout, rope climbing net, flying foxes, swings and a reflective garden
- Golf and lawn bowls - Marysville Golf Club is a scenic public course
- Horse riding – Marysville Saddle Tramps is the local club and Rubicon Valley Horse Riding offers horse riding experiences nearby
- Fishing – trout fishing various rivers and streams as well as trout farms. Buxton trout farm has great smoked trout and trout dips
- Bike riding – plenty of trails for pushbikes and trail bikes
- Massage – relaxing or therapeutic massage …. Triangle Therapies luxury massage is mobile and will come to Stompin’ Wombats. Also, reflexology and oils with Nurture Your Soul.
- Cafes and shops – Enjoy the cafes, quaint shops and market days. Vibe hotel restaurant, Elevation 460 cafe, Fraga’s cafe, Fred and Val’s Lolly shop, IGA supermarket and bottle shop for your convenience….
- Pubs – The Duck Inn in Marysville opens in November 2016, Black Spur Inn in Narbethong have a courtesy bus which can be booked to and from Stompin’ Wombats, Buxton Hotel and The Crossways
- Art – meander through Bruno’s Sculpture garden
- Snow play and summer activities at Lake Mountain. Ski and tobbogan hire in Murchinson Street. Check out the snow reports via web cams.
- Yarra Valley wineries and restaurants – Buxton Ridge is a great local drop and has a cellar door about 10 minutes drive in Seal Rock Rd, Buxton
- Tours – Country Touch conduct day trips to the snow, Yarra Valley and also airport transfers. Visit their shop in Murchinson St.
- Local events such as the Australian Sparkling Wine Festival, Opera, Marysville Marathon, Marysville Blues and Jazz festival and Mountain Challenge for cyclists